Saturday, October 29, 2011

Three Year Old Me Vs A Kitchen Timer

The earliest instance that I can find of my relationship with technology was when I was 2 or 3 years old. My family was living in a small Spartanette trailer and I had done something to make my mother angry with me. She placed me on the bed and set a round kitchen timer and placed it on the bed with me. "When this goes off you can get off the bed."

After about twenty minutes he realized that she hadn't heard the timer go off. She came to the bed to find me still there with pieces of the timer all around me. In her absence I had apparently decided I needed to take apart the timer perhaps to see how it worked.

This story is a portent of what my relationship with technology would be like as well as an early indication of the fascination I would develop for technology over the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment